Re: LLDB Plan - stage I - NetBSD Process Plugin and lldb-server tests

On 22.12.2016 19:47, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> On 16.12.2016 18:35, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My initial goal is to copy the Linux Process Plugin and add minimal
>> functional support for NetBSD. It will be followed with running and
>> passing some tests from the lldb-server test-suite.
>>

> Summary for check-lldb target in wip/lldb-netbsd as of 2016-12-21
> pkgsrc-wip git revision f1105fa7a9f6d7b014dbe272c789c43472a63e92
>
> ===================
> Test Result Summary
> ===================
> Test Methods:       1197
> Reruns:                1
> Success:             252
> Expected Failure:     20
> Failure:             307
> Error:               162
> Exceptional Exit:      1
> Unexpected Success:    1
> Skip:                436
> Timeout:              18
> Expected Timeout:      0
>
> More detailed results:
> http://netbsd.org/~kamil/lldb/check-lldb-r289997-2016-12-22.txt

I would like to set the following goals for the first milestone with LLDB:
1. Add support to peek and poke siginfo_t that stopped tracee, document,
add ATF tests, integrate "peek" action with LLDB,
2. Add support to detect and distinguish by tracer the following events:
exec, clone, fork, vfork, vfork finished (resume parent), (exit?, posix
spawn?,) lwp creation, lwp termination, single step, breakpoint,
hardware trap (breakpoint/watchpoint); document, add ATF tests,
integrate with LLDB.

By LLDB, I mean the code in pkgsrc-wip/lldb-netbsd. By integration with
LLDB, I mean to detect appropriate event in the MonitorCallback code
(part of Process NetBSD) and adapt other functions where needed. Planned
documentation and ATF tests are restricted to the ptrace(2) interface,
their are not about LLDB.

After finishing the above tasks, I plan to sync up with the LLDB team
and work towards implementation of accessors for CPU registers,
breakpoints, watchpoints and other basic functionality required to make
LLDB usable as a (restricted) debugger on NetBSD.

For the last milestone with LLDB, I plan to send upstream NetBSD
support, add 32-bit x86 support, import to base (in the LLVM target) add
ATF tests verifying LLDB.