Re: text relocations warning

Martin Husemann wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 03:26:41PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>>
>> After this change to ld.elf_so:
>>
>> <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2016/04/12/msg074027.html>
>>
>> I get a warning on m68k when running any command of:
>>
>>  /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: text relocations
>>
>> What do I need to do to get rid of them ?
>
>Find the symbol that creates them, there should be a warning at link time
>that tells you what it is, then investigate why it happens.

There is a warning at link time that ld(1) is creating a DT_TEXTREL entry
but not which symbols caused it.

It looks to be from these symbols:

00002e46  00007d04 R_68K_PC32        00002e98   __divsi3@@GCC_3.0 + 0
00002e56  00006104 R_68K_PC32        00002f24   __mulsi3@@GCC_3.0 + 0
00002e86  00006104 R_68K_PC32        00002f24   __mulsi3@@GCC_3.0 + 0
00002e76  00002a04 R_68K_PC32        00002ec8   __udivsi3@@GCC_3.0 + 0
00002eb6  00002a04 R_68K_PC32        00002ec8   __udivsi3@@GCC_3.0 + 0

in:

src/external/gpl3/gcc.old/dist/libgcc/config/m68k/lb1sf68.S

Which are being called using the PICCALL macro defined in this file.

The functions are defined in the same file so gas(1) ought to be able
to work out a pc-relative offset but it doesn't seem to work.

Robert Swindells