Re: Trouble with new GNU_STACK segment

Christos Zoulas wrote:

> | On Sat, Nov 07, 2015 at 06:54:19PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> | > Yes, I guess the best thing is to strip it with a linker script. It
> | > seems to be done on purpose:
> |
> | How about deleting it with objcopy from the kernels?
>
> That works too.

Unfortunately neither of the two works.

In my initial mail I wrote that I already tried a kernel linker script
with the following line added:
  /DISCARD/ : { *(.note.GNU-stack) }

Maybe I'm missing something, but that didn't have any effect.

Removing segments with objcopy(1) doesn't work either. I tried it.
objcopy can only remove sections, but no segments from the program
header.

I finally deleted the segment manually with a hex editor to make the
kernel load...

--
Frank Wille