Re: building with C89 host compiler

Justin Cormack wrote:
> We should add a note about the requirement for long long support.

Well next to long long at least: inline, booleans, designated
initializers, VLA, variadic macros...

C99 is a part of a POSIX system [1].

I see no problem in bootstrapping tools from a K&R compiler and
user-land... but cutting language features in the base system is not
what I would like to see... when there is room for C11 features to
be used for the sake of being compiler features dependencies lighter.

[1] http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/c99.html