Re: make: avoid breaking backwards compatability

On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 05:32:56PM -0700, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
> >On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 04:32:31PM -0700, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
> >> target0 is the fiding some dir/foo.c via .PATH even when foo.c is
> >> present in '.'
> >
> >This behavior would be a horrendous bug!  If the manual page should be
> >trusted (which I've come to suspect lately...):
>
> Sorry, but that is the way our make has worked for approximately ever.
> This is what a number of people have been pointing out to you.

No, what you have been pointing out is different, and that I can accept
and take the responsibility of re-implementing.  I was pointing out that
the way you phrased it, was not what you wanted re-implemented.  They're
two completely different things.

--
Jarmo Jaakkola