Re: make: avoid breaking backwards compatability

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 08:05:48PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> Even if the recent batch of changes is wrong, please don't add
> special-case bodges. I'd rather revert the recent changes (that has
> already been seeming like a good idea) and rework them.

As the originator of the patch, I'd like to know why reverting and
reworking has been seeming like a good idea.  Would you care
to elaborate?  You probably have good reasons, I'm just not, as a random
contributor from the Internet, privy to any problems you core people
might've encountered. :)

--
Jarmo Jaakkola