Re: make: avoid breaking backwards compatability

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:05:48 +0000, David Holland writes:
>Oh please, that's a bug in the makefile. What does an escaped nothing
>mean? If you're so concerned about the diffs, stick a blank line at
>the end.

Try reading my post again, if I found 4 makefiles with that issue
others surely exist and I cannot fix them if I don't know where they
are.

>Why add a knob for this? It is just a bug. Unless there is some part

Try reading the previous thread.  This is a deliberate change AFAICT
for closer POSIX conformance.

>Since .PATH is only supposed to be used for files that are not found
>in the current directory, and in the case you care about subdir/foo.c

I didn't say subdir was in .CURDIR, in fact it is in a dir found via
.PATH
Again functionality that has worked for at least a decade.