Re: -std=gnu99

Izumi Tsutsui skrev 2014-05-16 22:45:
I mean to change bsd.sys.mk to always provide -std=gnu99 in CFLAGS as per
below patch, as if the code base requires gnu99 then it will require it
whichever compiler is in use.

(not to mention, that the conditional is wrong)

but, what should the comment say?
We want ISO C99 style by default, but we also use GNU dialect?

This is beside the original question, but gnu99 also alters the behaviour of the compiler, like inline syntax, switch types etc, depending on gcc version. In an ideal scenario our "own" world should be strict C99 (or, maybe C11 soon?) and use the __ keywords for extensions.

But, this is a bigger task than fixing the comments above :-)

-- Ragge