Re: Subject: c++ vs locales

On 12/12/2013, at 9:01 am, TKlausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> Using  LC_CTYPE="C" cclive http://youtube.de/some/valid/url  works as
>> well, although yielding another error:
>>
>> Checking ... ......... libquvi: error: no support:
>> http://www.youtube.com/some/valid/url
>
> Well, of course, since /some/valid/url is not a valid URL :)

I found that HTTPS didn’t work so "cclive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzPS8jJWZZU”; failed, but stripping the ’s’ and
running "cclive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzPS8jJWZZU”; worked just fine
for me.

>> cclive is using boost-libs and there were some patches avoiding the
>> locale error in https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5289 .
>
> But that one is marked as fixed/closed. Is there a newer one, like the
> last comment requests?

I know it’s not the answer you are looking for, but would it be reasonable to
add more to the error message so that it told the users to set LC_CTYPE=C? That
would at least tell the user how to download the video they want (even if they
have to use Google translate to read the error message).

Cheers,
Lloyd