Re: Importing LLVM/Clang

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
I would like that, although I note that the LLVM/Clang sources (to
be in src/external/bsd/llvm/dist) take about 550MB of disk space,
which seems quite large relative to the 370MB used by
src/external/gpl3/gcc, and the 2.8GB currently used by the entire
src tree.

Keep in mind the second copy of SVN. Without it, clang is around 69MB
and LLVM itself aroudn 107MB.

Yes, you are right. The 550MB that I saw was for the entire svn checkout, including all svn's overhead (which includes an extra copy of every file). I haven't measured the size without svn overhead, but your figure sounds plausible.

--apb (Alan Barrett)