Re: make: dependfile preference list

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:29:10PM -0700, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
> The patch below, adds:
>
>      .MAKE.DEPENDFILE_PREFERENCE
>                      The ordered list of makefile names (default
>                      `${.MAKE.DEPENDFILE:T}') that make will look for to
>                      read
>                      dependencies from.  Only the first found will be
>                      read.

I'm not sure this is necessary, the code that auto-reads .depend
(which is I presume the actual default) is not really needed
as the relevant rukes can be added to the makefile itself.

Unfortunately the reading of .depend, like the checks for the obj
subdirectory, can't be removed without breaking things.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost