[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
LibreOffice crashes on 6.x, possibly libc-related
I'm posting this here on the advice of Thomas Klausner.
It is impossible to build LibreOffice on NetBSD 5.99/6.x, one of the
binaries involved in the process segfaults 100% of the time:
/bin/bash: line 1: 22205 Segmentation fault (core dumped)
uno_services.rdb -ro uno_types.rdb -s com.sun.star.test.bridge.BridgeTest --
I've put the full stack trace here:
The segfault is caused by an invalid pointer used in a __sync_add_and_fetch
I briefly had a look at the functions used in the backtrace and nothing
seemed wrong with the LibreOffice code.
The rtl* symbols present in the backtrace makes me suspect something in libc
One of the first results when googling for them is this PR Thomas had opened
LibreOffice makes heavy usage of advanced C++ constructor/destructor features
which need to have special libc support; DragonFly also had strange issues
like this one before bugfixes from FreeBSD where committed to its libc.
They were mostly pthread and cxa_finalize related if I remember correctly.
The problem can be easily reproduced by trying to build wip/libreoffice on
recent versions of NetBSD (I tested with amd64; i386 should give the same
I hope some libc/toolchain specialist could sched some more light on this
Main Index |
Thread Index |