Re: make rules when creating multiple files

> I'd tend to tell make you are building the .h file, and add something
> explicit to ensure the .c file isn't compiled before the .h is
> generated.

This looks to me like another instance of the issue under discussion in
a thread we had moderately recently (early June), right here on
tech-toolchain, about make rules that build multiple files with a
single command set.  It was started by
<>, archived at
(Sorry, I don't know of any publicly-accessible non-Webified archive.)
I'd suggest anyone contemplating contributing here read that thread

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML