Re: make(1) variable expansion inconsistency

> Works for me on current.  I doubt anyone cares about fixes for bugs
> specific to netbsd-4's make...

Last I heard, NetBSD still supported 4.x (and will until 6.0 comes out).

Is my understanding wrong?

Or does NetBSD no longer care about bugfixes for supported software?

Or what?

(Your jump from "not present on current" to "specific to netbsd-4"
leads to an incorrect conclusion as well as being logically invalid.
The bug _isn't_ specific to netbsd-4's make; it appears in 1.4T and
probably everything in between, quite likely even some other BSD-family
makes.  But all this is a side note.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign