Re: <elf.h> badness

On 21/08/2010, at 2:18 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:14:58AM +0530, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
>> Our elf.h #define's:
>>
>> #define ELF64_FSZ_HALF  4
>
> I'm aware of it and discussed it with Christos. The sys headers will be
> fixed at some point.

Presumably that's all the sys headers, not just the sys/sys headers. The
incorrect definition has been repeated throughout tools/*/sys/exec_elf.h and it
used in three places in .c files.

It shouldn't be too hard. Change all current occurrences of Half to be Word or
Quarter depending on what was intended, and then change all occurrences of
Quarter to be Half. It's probably a good idea to test on sparc64 between the
two changes because the big endian 64 bit system seems to be good at finding
dodgy code.

Cheers,
Lloyd