Re: lib/csu and compilers other than GCC

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:19:07AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:13:15AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > depend quite a bit on compiler internals. This made me consider just
> > going directly for assembler. Attached is a sample implementation for
> > i386 and amd64 as well as an overview what is going on for someone
> > extending it to a new platform.
>
> What would be a good way to test implementations for other archs?

cat << EOF > test.C
#include <iostream>

int
main(void)
{
        std::cout << "Hello, world\n";
        return 0;
}
EOF

g++ -static -o t1 test.C && ./t1
g++ -o t2 test.C && ./t2

and if that works, do a build.sh distribution and replace the usr/lib
files in destdir (+ touch, if needed) and rerun it.

Joerg