Re: host endianness

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> If you can assume target == host,
> (building src/usr.bin/pcc using /usr/bin/pcc)
> you can simply use TARGET_ENDIANNESS for the host,

(apologies, I accidentally replied off list yesterday)

I had another thought - probably my desire to fix this is misplaced!

As pcc is a compiler, its definition of "target" and "host" is not the
same as the Makefile definition (doh). The build "target" will be the pcc
"host", and we never "build.sh distribution" where the pcc "host" and
"target" will differ..

When different host and target is wanted, we would make a cross-compiler
for the current host system using "build.sh -m target tools" (which uses a
configure script to determine host endianness).

I will add a comment to explain that, and use the same endian for target
and host..

thanks,
iain