Re: libelf and libdwarf imports

And once again, I say: core is overly secret and it would be nice for us
common folk to know of some of their decisions.

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009, Jason Thorpe wrote:

Core knew about them.

-- thorpej@iPhone

On Dec 23, 2009, at 2:39 AM, Bernd Ernesti <> wrote:

the import of these two libraries where a little sudden and didn't
mention if core knew about it before, which was my understanding
should be done to avoid a long discussion afterwards.

In the past it was common to get some feedback on a mailing list
before doing an import of a new component.

P.S. the libelf part may have been mentioned before, but that was
not so recent and imho didn't mentioned how it would been done.

Hisashi T Fujinaka -