TLS support?

   I recently ran into some code using the __thread qualifier and it appears
that it is not supported on at least the i386 platform.   Using that in a shared
library generated an undefined ___tls_get_addr() call and just using it in
a simple program with pthreads causes a seg fault.

    I was wondering if anyone knew the state of TLS support and/or what it
would take to get it fully supported.

Phil Nelson (phil at
NetBSD:  Coda: