Re: final steps for reproduceable builds.

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 02:18:52PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>> > Seconded. And then we do non-deterministic by default, and deterministic
>> > on the build clusters for releases.
>>
>> There is no obvious reason to do non-deterministic by default.
>
> Yes and no. Deterministic when using build.sh? Should be the default.
> When not using build.sh? Should be off, IMO. Keep in mind that bsd.*.mk
> are used by third party software as well, so it might be a good idea to
> keep the timestamps in the archive for that.

I don't think we should be encouraging third party software to use the
ar timestamps for anything, but fair enough for now.

I'll conditionalize the ar stuff on AR_DFLAG being set to yes and set
that in build.sh in the manner of BUILDSEED, how's that?

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost