Re: fat binaries

To me, more interesting than distributing a fat (or pre-compiled for
everything) binary would be distributing JIT binaries - the target
machine can then either interpret or compile the files in a way that
exploits all the features of the target.  For instance on x86 systems
being able to use SSE registers as part of the ABI improves its fp
performance.  This ability is one of the ideas behind compiler
projects such as llvm.org.