Re: default TOOLDIR

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 07:16:30PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
 > > At the second build, we already have /usr/src/obj
 > > because the first build has created it.
 > If could figure out the name of the top level obj dir, then it
 > could just create it, and not have this difference between the first and
 > second runs.

It shouldn't need to. It should be able to just start out by doing
"make obj-here", where obj-here is the non-recursing portion of the
obj target. Right now this portion isn't separately addressable, but
that should be relatively easy to adjust in

I *think* that ought to fix all the various problems of this kind, but
there are probably a pile of further problematic cases I haven't
thought of...

David A. Holland