Re: Stop shipping static libraries for NetBSD

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 02:37:45AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
 > Of course, it's not difficult to come up with a similar list of
 > advantages for dynamic linking, too, but that's not the point; nobody
 > here is arguing for doing away with support for linking dynamically.
 > Not even gwoods or me.

I might, if pressed. In an open-source world, dynamic linking offers a
lot of liabilities and not very many benefits, and the chief benefit
(reduced disk usage) is no longer very pertinent.

Although I don't actually think the argument is strong enough to
propose seriously.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost