Re: ar "zero" flag

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 02:25:20PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> However, issues like this as well as issues with threads, full-feature
> functionality, backwards-compatibility, etc. have led me to conclude that
> it's time to deprecate static linking on our system[1].

This is a bad idea. You can argue that static libraries are obsolete
and a hazard to system integrity. You can also argue just as
convincingly that shared libraries are obsolete and a hazard to system
integrity.

Both arguments are bollocks.

I also feel a tremendous sense of deja vu, like we've had this
argument already once or twice before.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost