Subject: Re: Running mknative from
To: Masao Uebayashi <>
From: Nick Hudson <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/15/2007 08:16:17
On Thursday 15 November 2007 00:28:46 Masao Uebayashi wrote:

> I believe this is exactly the procedure which
> tools/gcc/README.mknative explains.  If you add a new ${MACHINE_ARCH},
> you have to put skeltons under gnu/{lib,usr.bin,usr.sbin}; otherwise
> make fails with "no such file or directory".  This script doesn't take
> account into this skelton thing.

I have something similar locally and my comments would be that if we want to
do this then

	- it should cater for individually running mknative-binutils and add
	- more should be pushed into the Makefiles.
	- to save wasted effort it should test that src is rw.
	- fix the "no such file or directory" thing. ;)