Subject: Toolchain and ABI
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@gmail.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/13/2007 15:18:25
I want to use multiple ABI on NetBSD/mips platform.  I could configure
binutils / gcc (by running mknative) to handle the ABI I wanted.  That
part was fine.

According to Mattew Green, NetBSD toolchain can build output only in
the ABI that the toolchain is configured to handle by default.  For
example, if I configure mips64--netbsd-* to handle N32 by default, I
can create only N32 NetBSD binaries.  Of course, respective binutils /
gcc commands can handle multiple ABIs.  It is NetBSD source tree (make
file mostly) that can't switch ABI.

I'd want to hear the NetBSD solution to this problem.

Masao

P.S. I could make my local tree able to switch ABI by sprinkling extra
parameters to cc / as / ld in various make files.