Subject: Re: DEFAULT_USE_CXA_ATEXIT gets lost in gcc configuration
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Nick Hudson <nick.hudson@dsl.pipex.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/19/2007 15:48:55
On Monday 17 September 2007 18:49, Matthias Drochner wrote:
> Hi -
> there must be a flaw in the way gcc is built in our tree:
> while dist/gcc4/gcc/config.gcc sets default_use_cxa_atexit
> for NetBSD, this does not end up in the auto-host.h file.
> If I try it manually, it seems that the definition ends up
> in another file "auto-build.h" which is intended for cross
> builds, and appearently not used for the native build.
> So it seems that "configure" is called in a way which makes
> it believe it is for a cross build, even for mknative...

The problem is that the target doesn't match

  # NetBSD 2.0 and later provide __cxa_atexit(), which we use by
  # default (unless overridden by --disable-__cxa_atexit).
  case ${target} in
    *-*-netbsd[2-9]* | *-*-netbsdelf[2-9]*)
      default_use_cxa_atexit=yes
      ;;
  esac

as we don't pass any version information in target cf.

      --target=${MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM}) && \

Nick