Subject: cross-gdb broken? kgdb broken?
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/27/2007 18:52:04
I am developing for NetBSD/i386, but have no local NetBSD/i386 hosts where
my target systems are in order to run a serial debugger for the kernel.  So
I am building the NetBSD toolchain on FreeBSD 4 with MKCROSSGDB=yes and
trying to use the resulting gdb with our kernel gdb stub.

I'm getting bogus tracebacks (don't match DDB's tracebacks for a panic at
the same point) and finding that if I set breakpoints in code I know is
run, they don't fire.  I'm wondering if this is a cross-gdb or a generic
KGDB problem.

Can anyone get good tracebacks from kgdb in any configuration right now?
How about as a cross-debugger?

Thanks!

Thor