Subject: Re: Bash shell
To: Luong <luong.ngo@gmail.com>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@aydogan.de>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/17/2007 09:41:42
2007/7/17, Luong <luong.ngo@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all help in my previous post. I need help again. I want to compile
> bash shell to run on a 64-bit processor. So I would need to compile it with my
> toolchain. The problem I have is the bash sources I download from GNU site has
> the structure totally different with those in NEtBSD tree. It appears to me that
> convert it to use the NetBSD Makefile is not straigtforward (origianl from GNU
> use configure script to setup all tools, for example), so I wonder if anyone has
> the bash sources code integrate into NetBSD tree so I can just plug it in and
> run the build script?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> -LN

the easiest way to run bash on your system is to use pkgsrc.
pkgsrc is a framework to build software from source for netbsd.
Please read the pkgsrc documentation: http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/
Quick steps: Download the pkgsrc tarball
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2007Q2/pkgsrc-2007Q2.tar.gz
untar it, change into the directory pkgsrc/shells/bash/ and enter
"make install clean"

Zafer.