Subject: Re: How to force using existing toolchain?
To: None <>
From: Luong <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/12/2007 01:58:24
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg <at>> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 06:02:05PM -0700, Luong Ngo wrote:
> > I am brand new to make and build system in general and NetBSD in
> > specific. But I need to build the NetBSD source tree, I only need the
> > userland binaries and filesystem only, using the toolchains already
> > existed. How do I do that?
> Either set USETOOLS=no to force use of the installed compilers and co or
> run tools once.
> Joerg

I don't want to run tools because that would create a new set of tools
right? My situation is that I already have the compiler, linker,etc and want to
use them to build the Netbsd tree. If I set USETOOLS=no, would it use the
default host tools(compiler, linker,etc)? That I don't want either. I am running
on a AMD linux host machine and need to cross compile for MIps platform. I would
like to have a way to let NetBSD build know to pick my own compiler, linker,...
to build the source tree.