Subject: -pthread and x11/libX11
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/09/2007 19:46:45
I've been told in the past that we have pthread stubs in libc, and as
such don't need to pass any additional compiler/linker flags to use
pthreads.

However, the libX11 configure script cannot find pthread_self in libc
(and neither can nm, heh).
I stumbled upon this because I was having all sorts of strange DRI
problems until I did as DragonFly and FreeBSD do and use -pthread.

Am I correct in doing so?  If I am, we should change the package.

Regards,

--Blair
--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11