Subject: Re: 3.1 cross-build breaks with . in PATH
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/20/2007 16:44:37
>> mv: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
>> [cascade of failures up to the top level, snipped]

> Actually IMNSHO the problem is more that the system build allows the
> process environment of the invoking user to influence its behaviour.

This is, unfortunately, necessary, and will remain so until all of the
backdoor arguments passed through the environment move to command-line
options.  (The ones I'm most aware of, because they're the ones I've
used recently, are TOOLDIR, NOCLEANDIR, and USETOOLS, but there are
many more; /usr/src/BUILDING includes a fairly long list.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign