Subject: could do-x11 be split into at least do-x11-{obj,includes,dependall,install}?
To: NetBSD Toolchain and Build Technical Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/17/2007 13:53:15
I'm wondering if it would be possible to have do-x11 split into at least
the following separate targets that would be added on to the processing
after their non-x11 variants had completed:

I had the misfortune of accidentally running " -o" before an
entire build had been successfully completed and the result littered
src/x11 with target files since even though the "obj" target had been
run once already, it had not been run within the "do-x11" context.

In fact maybe "do-x11" shouldn't be a make target at all, but rather
MKX11=yes should just have the effect of adding src/x11 to the directory
lists for processing by all the other normal subdir handling of the
main-tree make targets (with of course the necessary dependencies added
in too) -- i.e. maybe the build of src/x11 could be fully integrated
instead of being chained on separately after the rest of the tree?

						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>       Secrets of the Weird <>