Subject: Re: gcc3 deletion
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: Andrew Reilly <andrew-netbsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/07/2006 16:43:55
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 03:16:27AM +0000, Rui Paulo wrote:
> The reason I'm aware of (and agree) is that we don't have fortran
> applications in base, thus we don't really need it.

It would be nice if gfortran or f95 or whatever it's called was
already in pkgsrc at the time that f77 goes away.  I don't see
it in lang.

I'm using pkgsrc on OS-X, which is already gcc4-based, so the
only fortran compiler available is f2c.  That turns out not to
be good enough to compile all of the dependencies of math/octave,
which is a bit of a pain.  [Some sort of COMMON section linkage
issue, I believe: haven't checked it all the way.]

Cheers,

--
Andrew