Subject: re: debugging libraries in the cross development environment
To: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/02/2006 10:13:53

   I'm curious how other people handle the following:

   I need to debug libpthread in a cross platform environment, building
   on x86 and installing on arm. Obviously, I can edit the files and then
   use build.sh to make a distribution. But that ends up taking about 10
   minutes on every recompile.  So I tried figuring out how to use
   nbmake-evbarm to just do the makes in the libpthread directory, but
   ran afould of the interaction between libpthread and libc.

this should work fine.  what fails?  (are you using
MKCROSSGDB=yes?)

.mrg.