Subject: debugging libraries in the cross development environment
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/01/2006 16:44:07
I'm curious how other people handle the following:

I need to debug libpthread in a cross platform environment, building
on x86 and installing on arm. Obviously, I can edit the files and then
use build.sh to make a distribution. But that ends up taking about 10
minutes on every recompile.  So I tried figuring out how to use
nbmake-evbarm to just do the makes in the libpthread directory, but
ran afould of the interaction between libpthread and libc.

Does anyone have any examples of debugging in this environment they
can point me at?

thanks,

Bucky