Subject: Cross compiling NetBSD for ARM on Fedora Core
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Bucky Katz <bucky@picovex.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/25/2006 19:51:27
We're setting up a project to build NetBSD for an ARM
platform. Because our developers already use Fedora Core (FC) Linux
systems, we're going to cross develop on it. We've managed to get
NetBSD to build for ARM on FC4 and FC5, but we've found a few small
problems along the way. We have patches that work for us, but are
probably not general enough to adopt as is.  The problems we've found
are:

FC5 pwd doesn't handle '-P'
FC5 sort doesn't handle '+'
The cscope targets don't build
The release target invokes scripts that need MAKE specified

Should we file bug reports, with the patches, or should we bring the
patches to tech-toolchain for discussion?

Thanks,

Bucky