Subject: Re: gcc4 status
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@erikb.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/04/2006 23:50:07
On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 08:41:47AM +1000, matthew green wrote:

> ah, libobjc4 was using an other build dir's empty options.h.  it does
> not do that anymore.  (might need a 'make depend' or 'make clean' to
> clear out old/wrong depends.)

With yesterday's updates to oea_machdep.c and to gcc4 I can now confirm
that my macppc seems to build cleanly using gcc4.

Only 'visible' change from gcc3 is that I have to give it some more room
to play by doing a

   ulimit -d unlimited

After cvs -z3 -q update -dP and wiping all of obj.macppc the build
is still running, but has reached xsrc.

If I can get the serial console to work I might continue with my
DECStation 5000/133 (in which case you'd probably hear my feedbacks
about once a month :-) -- unless I cheat and cross-build).

- Erik