Subject: gcc4 status
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: matthew green <email@example.com>
Date: 05/22/2006 14:33:00
here's the current list of remaining issues i know of:
- sh3 kernels need movmem() and maybe friends from libgcc
implemented in libkern
- make -j was known broken last i heard.
- tools/Makefile.gmakehost and tools/gcc/Makefile need
cleanup. they currently hard code using "/usr/bin/env -i"
to wipe out MAKEFLAGS from the environment (our make
and gmake flags aren't very compatible...) there are
also issues with variables on the command line vs. the
environment vs. gmake -e. (what's there, or will be in
a short while, works but it's ugly.)
- sun2 (m68010) mknative fails as libobjc configure use the
-fobjc-exceptions option and m68000--netbsd-gcc does not
seem to support that option. no idea why yet.
- vax is not done at all
- ns32k is missing and will stay that way. sorry, simon. :-)
- testing on many platforms. i386, amd64 & sparc64 kernels
are known to work. those and sparc/powerpc userlands works
but pretty much everything else needs testing. (i guess
alpha kernels work, thanks drochner.)
- pkgsrc. dogcow@ has verified that firefox can build from
pkgsrc on i386, but a bulkbuild for some faster platforms
would be nice to have...
i386, x86_64 and sparc64 could probably switch now but i'm going to
leave that to the port masters / others. powerpc could when people
verify that all the non-macppc powerpc platforms build.. i will
probably look at evbppc myself.