Subject: Re: Cross developing for NetBSD ARM on Linux
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: marty fouts <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/15/2006 16:00:24
On 5/15/06, Hubert Feyrer <> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006, marty fouts wrote:
> > This is sort of an odd request, but I'm building a NetBSD-ARM system,
> > and I have developers who will be developing for it that are already
> > on Linux based boxes.
> >
> > Can anyone point me at any documentation on how to set up the NetBSD
> > cross development tool chain for such an environment?
> Start here:
> (slightly outdated)
> Maybe also useful:

I wasn't clear.  I'm not trying to figure out how to cross build
NetBSD, I'm already doing that.

What I need to figure out is how, on a Linux system, to build an a.out
for an application that's not part of the NetBSD tree, but will run on
an NetBSD arm system.

Obviously I can hack the application into the NetBSD source tree and
use to make world and get it that way, but I was looking for
a way to extract the toolchain from the tree, install it on a
non-NetBSD system and then build a.out against it.