Subject: Re: make: making .WAIT recursive
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: James Chacon <jmc@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/17/2006 18:35:44
On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 11:35:37PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> I have a patch at
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/apb/make.20060217.diff
> which causes .WAIT to work recursively.  I think it's ready
> for general testing.
>
> The patch also adds a regression test, which the existing make(1)
> fails, but which the patched make(1) passes.

If this works I'd like to just see it committed. It'll fix some known
bizarre failure cases on the autobuild cluster and doesn't hurt anything
currently existing.

If people who have "grander" plans want to step up with patches later then
by all means those should be evaluated but right now we have a real problem,
have a workable solution within existing frameworks, etc.

James