Subject: Re: optimizer bugs in gcc-3.3.3 with target arm?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@netbsd.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/25/2005 09:48:12
On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 08:23, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> are there missing optimizer bug fixes in gcc-3.3.3 targeted at arm
> as in the 3.0_BETA branch? (I note that gcc-3 is up to gcc-3.4.3 (I think))...

Quite possibly.   The last gcc-3.3 release was 3.3.6 after that work on
that version of gcc has ceased.

I've not seen any bug reports regarding miscompilation of flex, but I
have seen reports of problems on other tools.  It would be unwise,
however, to assume that they would be related without concrete evidence.

Note, if there's a miscompilation of flex here, then the generated files
must be different for a build of gcc to crash in this way.  It would be
a start to tracking down this problem to know what the differences are.

R.