Subject: Re: cross-building on freebsd broken?
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/27/2005 08:25:11
>> /NetBSD/current/src/tools/fdisk/../../sbin/fdisk/fdisk.c:675: syntax
>> error before `PRId64'

>> The following patch did the trick for me.  It isn't perfect, but
>> 12/18 of the archs we support also use lld.  The odd ones out are:
>> alpha, amd64, mips, powerpc, sh5 and sparc.

>I was thinking about autoconf magic to check if long long is
>supported, and what its size is, but my autoconf fu is not strong
>enough.

Main problem with autoconf is the performance hit for native builds.
I think I've mentioned before that that could be addressed with some
suitable make fu - ie. if we're not cross-building, add a -Inative/include
or something (where you have static versions of headers suitable for
native builds), else run configure - probably want an autoconf.mk

I've never seen any indication though that others want the above,
so never set it up.

--sjg