Subject: Re: arg list too long?
To: Simon Gerraty <sjg@juniper.net>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/02/2005 21:25:43
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 08:25:14AM -0700, Simon Gerraty wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:17:58 +1000, Luke Mewburn writes:
> >Wouldn't it be unnecessary in the if we just migrated the kernel to
> >using a `.d' mechanism just like userland?
>
> Certainly, and that would be my recommendation, but I haven't done it
> yet ;-)

I've a load of local mods to do that, and generate the .d files during
the compilation phase.  Does get a bit crufty with the kernel libs though!

Also sort of needs (untested - since I used something else):

.SUFFIX .h
.h:
	@

Which should stop make complaining about .h files mentioned in old
dependency lines.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk