Subject: Re: hp700 native build problem with tools/file
To: None <>
From: Matt Thomas <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/07/2005 13:30:06
Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <>,
> Chuck Silvers  <> wrote:
>>removing the "-nodefaultlibs" option allows this to complete.
>>what's the right way fix this so that it works on all platforms?
> I don't know what the semantics of nodefaultlibs are, but maybe
> the library that contains the $$ functions should always be part
> of the link, even if -nodefaultlibs is specified? How do other OS's
> deal with this?

The proper way to fix this is to run the configure for tools/file
with --disabled-shared.  There is *no* reason why a host tools needs
to make shared libraries.

Matt Thomas                     email:
3am Software Foundry              www:
Cupertino, CA              disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message.