Subject: Re: Missing files in netbsd-2-0-2-RELEASE
To: Frederick Bruckman <>
From: None <>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/16/2005 10:53:34
On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 08:21:57PM +0000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> In article <>,
> writes:
> >
> > The files and are present in netbsd-2-0
> > branch but missing in netbsd-2-0-2-RELEASE under
> > gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf.
> Those files are supposed to be generated at "make distribution" time. I
> don't believe they were ever checked into the tree. There was a bug, where
> the generated files were deposited into the source tree somehow, and never
> cleaned, but that's evidently been fixed.

Yes, there are supposed to be generated from the Makefile.sendmail
chunk. And there are no more present in the CVS today.

> > They should be generated from .mc files using Makefile.sendmail but are
> > not. I'm not accustomed to bmake syntax, but it seems __makemc should
> > be called.
> I don't follow you.  My 2.0.2 build has them in "/usr/share/sendmail/cf",
> as expected.

The problem is perhaps the commands (Makefile.sendmail, __makemc target):
	${RM} $@

since the object are created, logically, in ${.OBJDIR}/$@, and in case
of unprivileged build this is distinct from SRCDIR, hence the $@ are
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde +AT+ polynum +dot+ com>  |