Subject: Re: Recent changes to sys/endian.h break eVC
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/01/2005 03:20:42
On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 18:10:42 -0600, James Chacon wrote:

> > Well, hpcboot is an interesting beast.  "Its source tree" is actually
> > our source tree: sys/arch/hpc/stand/hpcboot :).  It uses libsa and
> > libz.  It's a boot loader, but it's not really standalone, as it's a
> > WinCE program.
> >
> > A private sys/endian.h is probably the easiest way in this particual
> > case, but a change like that in, say, libsa would have more impact.
>
> It should probably still have a private one then or at least file a PR
> for this around libnbcompat not providing enough here.

No, no, libnbcompat is not involved.

hpcboot.exe is a WinCE GUI application.  It's is compiled under
Windows.  However, hpcboot uses libsa, e.g. to read a kernel from an
FFS filesystem, etc.  It already has a shadow includes tree
(sys/arch/hpc/stand/include).

> Ummm...I've cross built from freebsd 4.x as recently as a month ago. Have
> you tried anytime recently w/o local hacks?
>
> If it doesn't work, file PR's and it'll get fixed.

Ok, I'll try as soon as whitespace jihad is settled.

SY, Uwe