Subject: host type for netbsd i386
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org, tech-userlevel@netsbd.org>
From: Kamal R. Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/07/2005 23:11:36
Hello,

 In compiling gcc 3.4.3, I got the following error:-
--------------------
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use
`--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
*** Error code 1
------------------
This seems to be a widely reported problem in that
ltconfig on its own fails to determine host, but if we
run
# ltconfig ltmain.sh
it generates
'checking host system type..
i386-unknown-netbsdelf2.0'

I tried passing
# configure --host=i386-unknown-netbsdelf2.0
 or --build=i386-unknown-netbsdelf2.0
but it just wouldn't accept it as a valid host type.

Can someone tell me how to get past this problem? I am
building on netbsd i386 for the same machine. For that
matter, which is the latest version of gcc that has
been built successfully on netbsd-i386?

thanks
-kamal