Subject: Re: kernels no longer buildable in isolation?
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/17/2005 12:36:47
> I don't think "you only need sys/" has ever been an explicit promise,

No, I don't think so either; that's why I phrased it the way I did.

> and I'm far from certain that the tradition exists anywhere outside
> your head.

Well, the guy who sits next to me at work reacted to my mentioning it
with an eyeroll and a "sheesh" sort of snort, for what that may mean
(and knowing him, I think it was for NetBSD, not for my expectation).

The tradition most certainly has existed in the sense that the property
has been true.  Whether it has existed in the sense that it's been
relatively widely recognized as true I can't say; I can't recall anyone
specific discussing it with me, either way.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign