Subject: Re: Inconsistency in build.sh
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/19/2004 16:03:45
In article <Pine.NEB.4.61.0412191237070.22936@lain.ziaspace.com>,
	john@ziaspace.com (John Klos) writes:

> I just noticed that build.sh' install target implies -u, which makes
> sense, but the release target does not, and that it tries to clean and
> build everything from scratch. Shouldn't build.sh be more consistent
> regarding this?

Why do you say that?

It would strange and unfriendly indeed if an "install" following a "build"
deleted the binaries that were just built.  "install" isn't useful without
"-u", because if you'd wanted to build and install in one step, you would
have used "build". That argument doesn't apply to any of the other targets.

Frederick